This family. What can I say?
When I thought about photographing 3 children I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I won't lie.
But I shouldn't of been nervous at all, Caitlin and Andy are THE most relaxed parents on the planet and because of that so were their kids. If there is any advice I can give parents before their photoshoot, it would be to channel some CALM, it really helps a lot. Your kids feed off you in a way that is quite amazing. Im not saying the whole photoshoot went without a hitch, they never ever do, its part of photographing children......but it was a lot of fun and we were able to create some pretty fun images together. Images that I am very very proud of.
Hope you enjoy this Blog post of the Kehoe family amongst the mangroves and beautiful long grass of Nudgee Beach in Brisbane's north.
Yes Caitlin looks so gorgeous because of the awesome Olivia! From Little Olive Styling, thanks Liv xxx
The perfect client... does it exist? YES IT DOES. These guys were perfection from start to finish. Simmone and I worked along with eachother to make their afternoon perfect. We spoke about clothes, hair and makeup, where to meet, what time, what to expect and how to get the most out of their time with me. You can see from the images that everything fell together beautifully but these things don't happen by chance. It takes planning and effort but its so worth it! These images will be treasured for a life time and i'll be proud of them for about the same amount of time. :)
What a stupidly gorgeous family they are. In love with these 5.
Lots of love from me. Hope this isn't the last time we meet.
It is the BIGGEST privilege to photograph people in this way. I love the relationships mothers have with their children and this is the type of photography I want to do a lot more of in the future. In a relaxed setting in a gorgeous sunlit location. I am honestly so lucky to have this job. x
By Brisbane Family Photographer - Britt Spring
Posing... eeek! how scary. I have not met one client who has said they love posing for photographs. Ok yes I lie, I have they are called professional models!!!!! But hey if i looked like a model i'd be happy to pose it up for photos too but instead when a camera is in my face I look like I've bitten into a rotten egg. That's because most of us are normal looking and have normal insecurities. Its called being human.
So I wanted to share with you how I get my clients looking so relaxed. I understand how scary this process can seem and I want to put your mind at ease.....
- One word.... drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. KIDDING. haha. Now focus.
- Being prepared.... whats that got to do with posing? Well being prepared for the shoot helps us relax way before we get to the location. Before every shoot I send my clients an email that will help you get ready for the shoot and hopefully give you ideas that you hadn't thought of.
- Trust me.... How do you trust me a person you don't know? Well one way is to get acquainted with the person who is photographing you. Check out their work, get to know their style, what do their previous clients think of them? (Check out my "Raves" link) Look at their images, do they look "posey"? Once you feel safe knowing you love your photographers style you can relax a bit. Deep breath.
- The "not" pose. So to be honest posing isn't about tilting you head at a certain angle and telling you to smile. Its about capturing a moment in time, a real moment between you and your loved one. This is something I set up in a very natural way....
- How can a pose be "natural". Well its relatively easy actually. My goal on the day is to get you in amazing light and then guide you into a "pose" thats real and natural and let you be yourself. Example photo above article..... pretty light check, sweet comfortable pose check, natural expressions check, dog looking cute check. Its that easy.
- What a lot of people don't realise is that you don't have to be looking at the camera to achieve a beautiful portrait. I will often start you off looking away from the camera and then when I feel you are comfy i'll guide your eyes back at me.
- The point to all of this is I approach every client with the same goals but allow you the freedom to be yourself. I gauge how you are feeling the whole time we are together and never push you beyond what you are comfortable doing. At the end of the day I really really want you to have fun and enjoy the experience!
So I hope this has helped with any nerves. Next post I'm thinking about is "what to expect during your shoot with me"